Understanding all the moving parts of Unclaimed Property can be a challenge. In this 30-minute recorded seminar, we have covered a few topics to assist you and your organization in understanding unclaimed property a little better. We have covered topics such as:
- Speaking the Language – Reviewing property codes and terms you need to know for unclaimed property reporting.
- Tracking Changes in State Compliance – Every state jurisdiction has its own rules regarding compliance. Keeping track of compliance is a big job to track manually, so it is important to understand how these changes impact your company’s processes. .
- Keeping Management in the Loop – Executives should be “in the know” when it comes to unclaimed property and it should be taken seriously. Internal processes and procedures should be followed to ensure the company isn’t exposing itself to an audit which could result in hefty fines.
- Reporting Like a Pro – We have shared some information, tips, and tricks for successful and timely reporting.
- Avoiding Penalties and Audits – We have reviewed actions that could be cause for audits and penalties and how to avoid them.